I’m a Manager – Now What? – 11 Traits of Effective Managers and Supervisors*
*Previously titled, “Cracking the Manager Code”. The title has changed since the audience has seen the new title as a natural pairing with the book and talk, “They’re Managers – Now What? How to Develop Blue Collar Managers and Supervisors”
|Who should attend:
||To better understand the blue collar managers and supervisors we recommend that the following also attend:
Event type: Keynote, workshop, or ongoing series.*
How are you preparing yourself and others for success as a manager or supervisor?
We all want to be a supervisor or manager. Until we are one.
Moving from labor and into management involves a change—from working with tools and objects to working with people and data. It means rewiring the brain. Like an electrician rewiring a building without the blueprints, understanding management without the road map makes it easy to get lost. To fail.
But that doesn’t have to be the case. They don’t have to be one of the 60% of managers that fail within 24 months.
Participants will learn*
- The position of a manager or supervisor needs to be developed like any other trade.
- The 11 traits of successful blue-collar managers and supervisors.
- What it really means to be a manager no matter the industry.
- The title alone won’t make you a success – and what you can do about that.
- The elements of change when you become a manager or supervisor.
*The number and type of elements and length depend on the type of engagement you wish to have. This is customizable for length and content.